Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Packing My Bags....

I'm packing my bags for two different reasons!

Tomorrow Chris and I leave for Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, which was amazing last year. It's a conference for church leaders, but it's not boring and sedate. It's rocking. There are nationally known speakers, great music. It's a great time of spiritual renewal. I need renewal because.....

We sold our house! I'm not only packing my bags, I've got to start packing EVERYTHING. It was a whirlwind sale. We were on the market for 10 days. A month ago I wasn't even looking for a new house. Now, we found a house we want, have sold our house, and are moving in six weeks. Phew! I'm glad I'm not cramming marathon training in there, too. Letting the Rocket City Marathon go for this year was a good move. The timing just wasn't right.

Speaking of running, after my 13.1 miles on Saturday, I've been having some old trouble spots flare up. My right ankle especially has been bothering me. I have got to take it easy between now and the half on Saturday, Oct. 18! I don't want to go into it injured. What a great excuse to back off the running!

So, I'm off to get some mental, physical, and spiritual renewal for the rest of the week. Plus, I'll get some quality time with the hubby, which is always a good thing. (And with 3 kids, it's surprisingly RARE!)

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Nothing like taking some time off to get spiritually renewed.

We just moved this past weekend...yuck..good luck to you with that. I have to tell you that I have been amazed at some of the similarities we have in our running life and life in general. Don't think I am crazy.... Good luck on your half.

Jules said...

WOOT on the house! how great!!!!

Take care of that ankle!

Amy said...

Congrats on the house! Thats awesome!

And have fun on your trip and we'll catch you for the Pace Setter another week!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...