Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Stuff!!

I spent about 3 hours shopping today. It was so frustrating! $100 doesn't go very far.

I did get these running tights/pants at the local running store for $59 (OUCH!). Of all the tights I tried on, these were the only ones that worked (mine are actually trimmed in sage instead of light blue). They are fairly thick with a soft, fuzzy inside. Some of the really thin tights like the Under Armour ones felt like they needed another layer---not for warmth, but for coverage! And the thick Nike ones I found at TJ Maxx for only 19.99 didn't fit---the mediums were too big in the waist but good everywhere else. The smalls were so tight that it hurt to bend my knees. I figured bending was important, so I had to put them back even though they were SUCH a bargain.

I ordered this Varitherm shirt from Champion Sports online. I have it in pink from last year, so I ordered it in "pearl" (white) to go with the above pants. It's warm, but not hot. ($23 and shipping was free for creating an account.)

Then, after trying it on at Hibbett Sports at the mall for $55, I came home and ordered this Nike dry-fit half-zip in sage (to match the trim on the tights) from Road Runner Sports for a bargain of $47 with free shipping.
Last but not least, I found a super-thick black Nike mock turtleneck at TJ Maxx for $16.99. It is fleece-lined and dry-fit. I can't imagine ever needing another layer with that. It will be for the coldest of the cold days. Sorry, I couldn't find a picture. I had to get it in large. That Nike stuff runs small. I can't run in something that is squeezing me to death!
It looks like I was a bit closer to $150. I honestly feel guilty. (I'm a stay-at-home mom with no income. But I can't imagine my hubby would want me to be cold!)
And I'm not even counting the two shirts I'm RETURNING to TJ Maxx. I bought them before deciding on the tights and they just don't match anything I own.


3 comments:

Run Mommy said...

Well done! I really want to go and shop now..

Stacey said...

I love getting new clothes! Looks like you are ready for the cold weather!

Jules said...

since you asked: the top is an Asics Technical T I got at a local sports store...$19 clearance, I guess b/c it was lavender? and the pants are just tight fitted pants from target, $19.99...I guess they are like what you call tights in your post? is that what we call them? I call them tight pants, lol

I will copy you and do a post of my new outfits today too...if I have time. ha

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...