Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Bo Derek Moment


Yesterday at the beach I had a Bo Derek moment. (Ring a bell? If you are close to my age you might remember the movie "10.")

Anyway, my "moment" happened when, just like her character in the movie, I found myself running barefoot on the beach, waves crashing at my feet. In a bikini. Except without the cornrows. And the smokin' hot body. And Dudley Moore. And I don't remember Bo dodging jellyfish quivering on the sand, left behind by the tide. Or stepping on really sharp, broken shells. Ouch.

Running on the beach is overrated.

1 comment:

Cent With Love said...

LOL! We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks, and I was inspired by your post about running on the beach. I thought about it and imagined myself doing it. It seemed so glamorous in my mind - running at sunset/sunrise on an empty beach, enjoying every beautiful moment. But I know myself too well. I already have issues of shorts riding up, so add sand, wind blowing my hair in my face, and my new shoes getting all disgusting to the mix and I knew that would just equal being miserable. So, maybe, and I'm not 100% sure yet, but I might jog through the streets and look at all the nice houses and shops and people (we're going to Provincetown, MA).

BTW - thanks for visiting my blog! You really are an inspiration and I hope to follow in your footsteps :)

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...