Monday, June 30, 2008

One Hundred Push Ups?

In an effort to build muscle and endurance, I've got a few new ideas for my workouts. First, I'm going to continue to run 3-4 times per week, but I'm going to have to add in at least one cross training day. I'm seriously lacking in endurance right now and half-marathon training starts Saturday.

Also, in an effort to look good in a sleeveless top I bought for my 20-year high school reunion in 8 weeks (am I really THAT OLD???), I'm taking the push up challenge.

Check it out! From the website:


If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six-week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups! (Boy style---none of those girly knee ones!)

Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline, and about 30 minutes a week to achive this goal!

I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! The Music City Half was really small last year, because it was the first year.

Honestly, It was one of my worst races ever. It was unseasonably hot and there weren't enough water stations (especially for the warm temps). I think there were only 3 water stations along the entire course and the last water station was out of water when I got to it! (Ugh!). But... it was the races first year, so I expect it to be very prepared this year and I'm sure it will be a great race! I haven't decided yet, if I will attempt to run it again. The course is really flat... a little boring, but fast.

As far as a full marathon goes, I definitely recommend the Country Music Marathon for your first. It's huge and fun. The course is challenging enough to keep it interesting, but not so challenging that you have to train in any special way.

Good luck with the training! I hope I wasn't a downer for you on the Music City Half, just wanted to be honest... but, like I said, I'm sure they'll have the first year kinks worked out for this year (plus there will be a full marathon running with the Half, I think? So they'll be more prepared and have more runners).

E said...

Good luck with the challenge!

Cent With Love said...

Ooh, I think this pushup challenge is just what I need! I'm working on catching up on your journal. I missed a bunch when I was on vacation last week. I'll check in tomorrow when I'm working (and getting paid to read ;) )

Bullock Family said...

Hey Donna, thanks so much for sharing the push up challenge. My arms have NO shape and although carrying Cross is a great workout, I could use a goal. Kept trying to say hello on Sunday, but either I (well really Cross) was being attacked or you were chatting! Hope you guys have a great week and your sweet baby girl is feeling better. Send her my love!
K

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...