Saturday, April 26, 2008

Proud of my 2:19:01

My first half-marathon went really well this morning and was a great experience. I was hoping to finish under 2:30, so I was thrilled with 2:19:01. I was number 10,178 to finish out of 25,062 half-marathoners (big race!). As a normal back-of-the pack runner, it was nice to be in the top half for once.

I'll share what went right, what went wrong, and a full race-report later.

Thanks to everyone who commented to wish me luck.

A few pictures.....

Before the race-- 6:00 a.m. in the rain lovin' my one-size-fits-all poncho (which I ditched at the starting line)

My big finish-- somehow out of 25,000 runners, my hubby managed to catch me going across the finish line.



Post-race picture. Cool medal.

4 comments:

Christy said...

awesome job, you should be proud! what a huge accomplishment!

Reluctant Runner said...

That is fantastic, Donna -- especially coming in more than 10 minutes faster than you hoped. You are an inspiration. I'll be checking back for your race report. Hope you're enjoying some well-earned r&r!!!

katieo said...

Yay! Great job!
Gotta run, I'll be back later to catch up and read the full race report...

Christie Kettle said...

Great job. I know you must be so proud of your time, meeting your goal and all. I actually got a little teary eyed for you looking at your pictures and seeing how your husband got one of you finishing.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...