Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Goodbye, Half-Marathon Training!

Dear Half-Marathon Training,

It's time to say goodbye. I finished you this morning with a slow, easy two-mile run. Now it's time to rest until Saturday's race.

You have been good to me. No toenails turned black or fell off. You only gave me one blister throughout training. I'm stronger and fitter than ever before. I'm in a pant size I vaguely remember from high school. Through you, I've bonded with old friends and forged strong new friendships.

For the first time in my life, I feel a little like an athlete, and I owe it all to you.

I'll miss you. See you again in August. Take care.

D.

3 comments:

katieo said...

Good luck on Saturday!!!

:)

Reluctant Runner said...

You ARE an athlete! Congratulations on a great training run (and on the pant-size!) and best of luck on Saturday. Savour that finish line!

Amy said...

Donna,
Just wanted to know I am praying for a good run for you tomorrow! I know you'll do great!
Amy DiMarco

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...