Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Half-Marathon Recovery

Recovery is going well. Today, the soreness is gone. I noticed yesterday it was greatly improved. I can actually squat to pick up something off the floor without wincing!

I went for an ambitious 5 mile run, starting out too fast. My body just isn't there yet. I took miles 2-5 much slower and easier. I was glad to get back out there, though.

My friend ran the Country Music Half-Marathon last year and told me a couple of weeks ago that she hasn't run once since! I don't know how you do that. By the time you are trained well for a half marathon, I'd imagine being a runner would be ingrained into who you are--- not something you could just stop. Anyway, it has bothered me since she told me. I worried that I'd feel like I was somehow "done" with running after the half and just quit like she did. But, that's not the case, thank goodness. I think being a runner is part of who I am now. :-)

1 comment:

Topher said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's always fun to meet new running bloggers. Congratulations on your half-mary; sounds like you had a great time. I'm chomping at the bit to run my first for the year in a little over a month.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...