Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Three Reasons to Run

In Runner's World each month, John Bingham writes a column called "No Need for Speed." I pulled some quotes from his April column that translate into three great reasons to run:

1. See the world differently.

He describes "running on a forested trail on a cool morning and seeing a field of grass crystalized by the dew." He says, "It's in those moments that I understand that being a runner brings me closer to a world of calm, beauty, and harmony-- a world that I can only experience on my own two feet."

2. Running changes how you see yourself. (in a good way)

He describes "seeing the joy in the eyes of a middle-aged woman who, by crossing the finish line of her first 5-K, had liberated herself from a lifetime of self-imposed limitations." It really IS EMPOWERING to cross a finish line.

3. Running may be hard, sweaty work, but you'll be glad you did.

He concludes the article, "I know that on the day I run the final time, I will be able to look back and say it was worth it."

No comments:

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...