Sunday, November 18, 2007

Finishing Strong!

Well, 85th out of 118 isn't that bad for me! I ran a 51:14 8K averaging 10:19 per mile. My goal was under 52 minutes, so I met that. I got fourth in my age group, out of 9. Of course, only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd got awards.

I'm going to train hard the next month to get faster for the Jingle Bell Jog 5K. I want to come in at a 9 minute pace, even if it's 9:59.

I think the half-marathon is off the table now. I don't really enjoy distance running all that much. Don't know, I'm still thinking.

1 comment:

katieo said...

Oh I am SO with you. I just got my results back and I think I ran something like a 10:51 mile. (better than 12, but I'd really like to get under ten next time...)

and no, no half marathon's in my future. 5 and 10K's just sound a lot more appealing...

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...