Thursday, November 1, 2007

Candy and Joy

We got LOADS of candy last night. So now, the issue is---Let them eat it all at once and make themselves sick or divvy it out day by day? I think I'd really just like it out of my house. One night of tooth decay is better than months of it, am I right??



Oh, did I mention, I can't stop eating it? Let's see, what did I have today? One Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Several Smarties. Gum. Ok, that's not as bad as I thought. And I ran 3.5 miles.



On a different note, yesterday a gal I've known for 2 or 3 years said something I want to remember. She said that having my 3rd child has made me younger, that I just seem so much more full of life. Wow! At 37, seeming younger is a great thing. I told her that Julia brought joy back into my life. She said that it exudes from me.



This really meant the world to me. A couple of years ago, my pastor gave me a book on discovering joy in my life. I think he sensed I'd lost mine. It's different now. He said to me at church the other day, "Julia has brought life back into your house." She sure has.

No comments:

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...