Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Great Running Morning

My alarm was set to go off at 6:20, but I woke up at 6:14. I love it when that happens. It's sunny and in the low 40's---great running weather.

I'm about to head out for a 5-7 mile run. I think running so little this week has made me more excited about running this morning. I'm going to run the 8K course (and maybe a little more) from next week's race at tempo/race pace if I have it in me. I'm hoping someone, ANYONE from my running club shows up. But I'll hoof it alone if I have to.

One of my last two races of the year is this Saturday. Since the half, I have been focusing on getting faster and not walking (that really helps in the fast department-- ACTUALLY RUNNING the whole race!).

Update: Three of us showed up for the run. I ran 1/2 mile warm up, 5 miles at a 9:24 tempo pace, and 1/2 mile cool down. That pace was tough, but put me in a good mindset for the race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

I'll never get any bling as the races around here are just too big, so I can't help you with that decision. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna! You look and sound amazing! It's great to get a little peek into "your world" now - so inspiring, girl!

Take care, and let me hear from you,
Trish Phillips

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...