Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Exciting Election Day

Today our schools are closed because the schools are used as polling places and there's no way to secure them. The "zoo" and I are just hanging out and watching cartoons so far, but I plan to take them to the YMCA in a little while. I am so glad I early voted and don't have to wait in a long line with three kids in tow.

I'm very slowly packing. Some things will just be transported in my car since I'm just moving down the street. It's hard to know how to do this! Like I can just set my dishes in a box, put them in the car, then put them straight into the cabinets.

We get a key next Monday to begin to move things into the basement area, but we can't actually "live" there until the 19th. That's when the movers come. I'm very excited because I just love CHANGE. I get so bored with living the same life day in and day out. Change is good.

Nathaniel, my oldest, will be 8 tomorrow. Eight is the first age that doesn't sound "little kid" anymore. I can't believe my "baby" will be that old.

I've never written about it on here before, but Nathaniel has severe ADHD. He was diagnosed at 4 and a half. I read a recent study that parents of kids with ADHD are twice as likely to divorce than other parents when their ADHD kids are 7 and under. It puts that much stress on the marriage and family life. But, the study found that after the kids turn 8, the divorce rate returns to the normal rate. ONE MORE DAY!! Whoo, hoo! Honey, we have almost made it! :-)

On today's agenda is an attempt to make a cake in the shape of a giant Lego. I'm going to use my bread pan for the rectangular shape and mini-muffin cups for the little circles on top. Then frost it all. Wish me luck! This is my first creative cake endeavor. Anything for my little (big) boy.

That's my little politician and me dressed as Sarah Palin for Halloween. I don't think I nailed it. I'm more like a poor-man's Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin....

8 comments:

Stacey said...

My oldest (Ethan) will be 8 in April. Isn't it so crazy how fast they grow up? Good luck with the cake & post some pics...

April said...

Ok, so you know its bad when you're behind on reading your own blog! I just read your weekly pace setter post and its great! Thanks so much!! And you have the most beautiful family:)

tamblair said...

You will have to post a picture of your Lego cake. I am amazed that you would even try!! Happy birthday to your son!!

Run Mommy said...

Love your lego cake idea! So ambitious.. the little man is a cutie.

Janice {Run Far} said...

My little girl will be 8 in March.. I agree, it sounds so much older then 7, she is not a little girl anymore..... Great costume....

Legs and Wings said...

My youngest son (of 4) is 6 years old today - Nov 6th. Hard to imagine where the time went. Just a quick note of greeting from Nova Scotia, Canada. My family spent a few days in your area about 2 years ago and would love to return sometime. Take care and keep running.

Kim Hayworth said...

congrats on the new house and the birthday. And good job at jumping the obstacles of marriage. I have been married for 13 years, and we still work on our marriage everyday.

Bert said...

Married 26 years here, fortunately neither of our boys were ADHD... They've both graduated from college by now. Your Sarah Palin is great, the hair just needs to be a little more work. File it away for when/if she runs in 2012!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...