Thursday, November 13, 2008

Running Makes Me Happy

About a year ago, I realized that running makes me a happier person. As you run, the stresses of life just melt away (at least for a little while). I've really put this into action this week. I've found that amongst all the stress of moving, taking time to go for a run lifts my spirits so much! It just makes me feel energetic and content and well, happy. Two miles, four miles, any miles make a big difference in how I feel.

So when I went to the running store to register for this Saturday's Turkey Trot, the car magnets and stickers caught my eye. Normally, I'm not a bumper sticker/magnet kind of person. However, I decided to finally declare myself a lover of running by plastering it on my car. I just had to pick the message: "Runner Girl"--- but at 38, can I really call myself a girl? "13.1"--- true, I've run 13.1, but I'd rather wait for "26.2." "run"--- simple and to the point, but a little dull. Finally, I saw it. "I HEART running." Perfect. I really do heart running. My car says so.

7 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I just bought a new car a few months ago and it had a sticker "Run like a girl" Loved it.. then with the new car I put on a "26.2" sticker and I puffy heart that one. But I have to agree....... "I HEART RUNNING"

Run Mommy said...

Nothing wrong with a declaration. Well done!

Legs and Wings said...

When do you get the tattoo?

Jules said...

lol, I have seen those too and want to get one...I think it would be silly to have a 3.1 or 6.2 so i will wait...maybe for 13.1...but i DO love the I Heart Running! COOL

Stacey said...

I HEART running too!

Bethany said...

Cute choice on the bumper sticker! I am a no bumper sticker kinda girl, but I really like the 'I Heart Running!' Just started training for my first 13.1. Your blog is encouraging! I hope you don't mind if I come back...

Christie Kettle said...

I just got a sticker the other day. I went with the Runner Girl one. And I'm saving the other corner of the back window for when I can get the 13.1.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...