Sunday, July 27, 2008

D'oh and a Baby Step

After my 5.25 mile run on Saturday, I had what can only be described as one of these moments:I was in such a hurry to throw my sweaty running clothes into the washing machine that I forgot to take this out of my pocket: Guess what? MP3's aren't designed to be washed in a washing machine. Sigh. My sweet hubby picked me up a new inexpensive one on Sunday afternoon. Now I just have to load my playlist. Actually, I kind of like the new one better. The controls on the old one were wonky and I could never reliably skip to the next song. There's nothing worse that being stuck with a song that's just not working for you! And occasionally it would start switching songs based on my clothing brushing up against it. And it did actually shock me once. So, it's a GOOD THING, I suppose. Amazingly, the ear buds still work. I'm just glad it wasn't my Garmin!

At the run on Saturday, my friend loaned me her Jeff Galloway Marathon book. It's really enlightening. I've devoured it over the last day and hope to finish it tonight. I'm encouraged about the marathon so much so that.....................

I booked the hotel! The Holiday Inn Huntsville is the "official" hotel of the marathon and the start and finish are both right outside. The rates for runners were great--- only $99, but there were only so many rooms at that rate, so I felt like I had to act now. That's so much better than the rates for the half-marathon/marathon in Nashville back in the spring where a basic Holiday Inn room was going for $199 or more. Anyway, I can always cancel and let some last minute runner have my room.

Still haven't actually registered for the race. Or run more than 10 miles since the half-marathon. Or really decided I'm doing this. Baby steps.....







P.S. It seems that the entire running blogosphere has jumped on board The Push Up Challenge. I'm about to start week 4 (yikes). My last day of week 3 had me do 81 push ups. And to think I used to like push ups.



2 comments:

tamblair said...

So you decided on the Huntsville Marathon? Good... and good luck training!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Aww! Too bad about your mp3 player!

81 push-ups - wow!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...