Friday, September 5, 2008

Not That Into You

Dear Running,
Lately, I'm just not that into you.
Sincerely,
Runnermom

I only ran 4 miles all week. I was supposed to run 14 miles, so I'm a little behind. I did bike/elliptical for forty minutes on Tuesday and walked for 2 1/2 to 3 miles on Thursday, so there were three days of exercise. But this is the first week in forever in which I didn't run much. I needed a physical break, but most of all, I think I needed a mental break. The half-marathon is in six weeks. I hope I can crawl out of this hole before then.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Did the Pad thai get in your way too??? ;)

Cent With Love said...

I think it's totally fine to take a mental break every now and then and hopefully come back to running with renewed commitment. Hopefully it doesn't take you the 2.5 months to come back to it like it did me, though!

PS - I have a new blog: www.gettingfitandhappy.com

SuZ said...

HA!! I love it. I think that every other morning when I'm supposed to run! :) :) :)

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...