Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Have You Seen My Mojo?

I seem to have lost my running mojo. I think I know where I left it---out there on that 10K course last weekend (along with my cute black running gloves). In that last mile when Coach came back for me, he said something like, "I want you to leave it all on the road," which I guess means "give it all you've got, don't hold anything back." At least I think that's what he said/meant; I may have been hallucinating at that point.

N-E-Wayz, I must have left it ALL out there because apparently I can no longer run. Or, I should say, I can no longer run fast and I can no longer breathe when I'm running slowly. What's up with that? Did that 10K suck the life completely out of me? I eeked out a painful 2 miles on Monday, disliking (dare I say cursing?) every second of it. Today I whined and complained my way through 5 miles (sorry, K!), but in my defense, it did rain on us briefly and the gale-force winds nearly knocked us over a couple of times.

So, if you are out there and see my running mojo, will you send it back to me? Or if you can spare some of yours, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Cause I really need it. The half-marathon is 12 weeks away.

P.S. My five-year-old is insisting I train her for the April 5th 5K. How cute is that? She ran 3/4 of a mile on Monday. Hey, maybe SHE's got my mojo!


3 comments:

Dawn Mabry said...

What half marathon are you doing??? I am training for 2 actually. One at the beginning of April in Arkansas and one at the end of April in Nashville. I will let you borrow some of my mojo for now. My training is going really well. YOU CAN DO IT!! Keep your eye on the prize and focus on crossing that finish line after running 13 miles. Think of how proud your 5 year old will be of you. She sounds like my 3 year old, she runs around our house and says she is "getting bigger and stronger so she can run in a marathon". Just precious that they want to be like us. You will get your mojo back, sometimes it comes and goes.I have those bad running days too. --Dawn

Dawn Mabry said...

I was just looking at your training log and we are at the same place in our training too. I did 6.5 miles this past Sunday and then 3 on Monday. I am doing 3.5 tomorrow. Then 7.8 on Saturday.

RunnerMom said...

Sounds like we are running the same race, too---the Country Music Marathon on April 26! What program are you doing? I printed one from Runners' World. I think I'm doing 7.5 on Saturday.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...