Friday, April 9, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

Spring race season is upon us! Tomorrow I'm running the first of several races for the spring/summer season. It's the Purity Moosic City Dairy Dash 10K in Nashville. I had planned to kind of run it for fun, no stress, maybe even... (gasp!) no Garmin, but I think I owe it to myself to see what I can do.

I'm still waffling on the Country Music Half Marathon in two weeks. I am struggling with the $105 price tag! Plus, I've already done the half and the full, so going back to the half this year seems.... somehow anticlimactic. After that, there are a couple of 5K's and a 10K before the season comes to an end.

I found out this week that Women's Running magazine is putting on a women's half marathon in Nashville on September 25, just a week after my 40th birthday. As one of the first 250 women registered, I got the special price of $50. That was pretty awesome. I've never competed in an all women's event. I'm looking forward to the women's fitted shirts and the medal on a hot pink ribbon with a removable charm, but mostly the comraderie of like-minded gals!

I plan to make a shirt that says 40 is fabulous or some other cute slogan. (I'm open to suggestions!) I may even run in a birthday girl tiara. Doesn't that sound fun?

I'll post a race report after tomorrow's 10K. I'm strangely nervous!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Nashville race sounds like fun!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...