Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wish You Were Here....

Here's my official postcard from Orange Beach. Wish you were here....

I'm sending it a little early since we haven't technically left yet. We leave in about 10 hours. However, I don't know how great Internet service will be on the beach, so I thought I'd post it today.

Last year I was so excited to try this on my beach vacation:
But you know how you expect something to be kind of awesome, but the reality is it's kind of not? That's how I felt about beach running. It's hot. The sand isn't your friend. The waves could possibly ruin your $100 shoes. The list goes on....

So I did a little research online and found a nice 7-mile paved trail at Gulf State Park to run. Check it out---

Beautiful, huh? I couldn't wait to plan a long run there.

But then I read this on the website:

WATCH OUT FOR ALLIGATORS - THEY ARE DANGEROUS! It is reckless to approach alligators closely. Even though they may appear to be tame, alligators and other wildlife may suddenly turn and inflict serious injury.

Maybe NOT. Have a great week!

7 comments:

Jules said...

lol, watc our for gators! :) have fun!

Jules said...

let me try this again..."Watch Out For Gators!"

tamblair said...

Enjoy the most beautiful part of my lovely state! I wish I was going!!!

NY Wolve said...

Ha ha, I agree on beach running. Its hot too, with the sun reflecting off the sand. And uneven footing. Feel so silly running on the road,when the beach is right there, but the reality is it is easier and better for me also.

Janice {Run Far} said...

so jealous. I want to be there, running with you.

Reluctant Runner said...

Sending your postcards BEFORE you leave for vacation? You are incredibly well organized!!

Hope you have a great time.

Run Mommy said...

You are very organized! :) Looks like great fun. Have a nice time.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...