Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FYI If You Live in Clarksville...

If you are interested in training with a group for the Country Music Half-Marathon on April 24, 2010, I'll be offering a beginners and an intermediate training group starting on Monday, January 25. We'll have group runs on Monday night from the Y (with childcare provided) and Saturday mornings (various locations-no childcare). Either before or after our Monday runs, we'll have short information sessions on nutrition and hydration for runners, running safety, stretching, integrating weight training, speed work, race strategy, pacing, and MORE. It's a 12-week training program, and the cost is $60 to the YMCA. The training plans can be individualized by a certified running coach (me) to meet YOUR needs.

Prior to the start of this training, runners need to be at a long run of 4-5 miles, and that can be a run/walk of 4-5 miles. Class is limited to 30.

An INFORMATION MEETING has been scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Monday, January 11. Sign ups will be January 18-24. The first class is January 25 at 5:30 p.m. Start planning NOW!

If you don't live in Clarksville and want to take a look at the plan, shoot me an e-mail.

***All "Pitt Crew" half-marathon team alumni are welcome to join in on the Saturday runs at no cost!***

I'll also be offering a CLARKSVILLE MINI MARATHONERS 10-week class on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. for children 5-13 who want to do the Country Music Kids' Marathon. It's only $20. Children will run 25.2 miles on their own and during our class and run that last marathon mile on the CMM race course on Friday, April 23.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to do this... can you come to California? Please :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for you. You gonna call them Pitt Crew II? I'm totally there for the Saturday runs with you, but don't think I'll be able to do the Monday nights. Your husband's quote about your training reminded me of mine. Don't think I can commit to every Monday again. But I'm so glad you're doing it again.

Michelle said...

Hi there! I just found your blog from MCM Mama - I'm in the Knox area. Great to see another local mom blog! Take care!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...