Monday, March 30, 2009

March Madness-- 104 miles

I ran a whopping 104 miles in March, shattering my previous record of .... 80. It's madness, I tell you! (And I was wondering why my body hurt!) If I never do another marathon, it will probably be the most miles of any month EVER.
Since it's spring break for the kiddos, we are going to a have a mini-vacation over the next two days. We have rented a cozy little cabin overlooking Kentucky Lake. I'll get to run my five-miler on Wednesday morning with a VIEW.

Have a great week! I'll be back to post about Saturday's 20-miler if not before.

7 comments:

Erika said...

Great job! Have fun!

MCM Mama

Lisa said...

Amazing... I don't think I'll ever reach that kind of mileage but it's inspiring nonetheless. Congratulations and enjoy your mini vacation.

Thanks for the comment on my blog... I'm icing as I type this :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

how pretty. I want to run there with you.... 104 miles is great. Way to go. Hope your 20 goes smooth this weekend. I have 20 on Friday. I didn't log very many miles last week, I hope My body wont feel it in the 20.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Congrats on covering over 100 miles this month! The cabin sounds great. Rest up for your "supported" 20 mile training run. What a great idea!

Jules said...

you are amazing...and such an inspiration.

Velma said...

Have a great rest, I can't belive that the marathon is so soon. I love that a quote inspired you to run a marathon - how fantastic. You are going to be great - 20 miles and then taper begins!

Felice Devine said...

Congrats on the high month and have fun this week!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...