Sunday, December 23, 2007

No Pain, No Gain, Right?

I've got the pain and the gain. Yesterday the training group hit the hills again. We ran 3 miles up and down hills at a local park and threw in 20 lunges and 15 squats between miles for good measure. I think the squats were what got me--- combined with the hardest hills in town. My quads and my left knee are screaming for mercy today. On the good side, I managed a total of 15 miles this week for the first time.

And it's a good thing I ran 15 miles this week. I've been munching like a maniac. Not normally a snacker, I've been scarfing holiday sweet treats, chips, crackers, cheese--- just eating like crazy all day long. The scale tonight reported a 5-lb. weight gain, but I did weigh myself in the evening and I know there are other "extenuating factors." (Hello, water weight! How ya been?) I'm hoping to get back on track after Christmas. I mean, Christmas only comes once a year. I just don't think I can deprive myself!

No comments:

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...