Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm not listening.....

to my trainer very well. I didn't do a single workout this week the way he told me to. I was supposed to run 40 minutes on Monday, but I ran 45. I was supposed to do 22 minutes of interval speedwork on Wednesday, but I did 28. I ran two "bonus" miles on Thursday which weren't in my training plan at all. (And I NEVER run two days in a row.) I guess it's the overachiever in me. In this case, it's probably not smart since he really knows what he's talking about. But, his workouts just seemed too light. I did follow his stretching plan and am thrilled to say my ankle pain is gone and my knee is better. I've been running pain-free all week. Of course, my longest distance was only 4 miles and I am running in new shoes, so maybe all of those things are working together.

I'm in maintenance mode weight-wise. I just want to hold steady through the holidays. Easier said than done!

1 comment:

jen walters said...

Hi there! I just noticed that you had commented on my blog! I am so glad that you did. Might I just say that after I posted my exercise goals... I didn't do them. I won't even bother with my excuses. I have this weird fear of starting b/c if I start then I think I have to turn into this super crazy exercise all the time type girl. I know that probably sounds weird. But, just knowing that you actually dropped by and saw my goal.. I want to do it now. I will have to give up the chocolate... that will be hard. So, I have two more weeks and one day left of my challenge... let's see how I do.

Oh, and I was going to tell you ... I have done two 5K's in my life... mostly for motivation. I would love to do one again some day. But, I had to walk in both of the ones in the past. So, I want to be totally prepared for the next one! I might schedule one in the spring... not in the winter. I will look into it. I used to love the thrill of running. Maybe it's time to whip out the couch to 5K program again.

Thanks again for the post and the motivation!!

jen

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...