Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Downside to Blogging

Anonymous Commentator:

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I am no exception. Neither are you. That's why what Jesus did for us is so critical. I hope you know and understand that Jesus died for your sins and mine.

In the last year, for the first time in my life, I am treating my body like a temple as commanded in scripture. I am careful what I put into it--mostly natural, whole foods as close to God created them as I can find. I have worked to make it strong. God didn't intend us to sit on the couch and eat Cheetos and Hostess cakes. We are meant to lift heavy things, to get from place to place on foot, to squat, to jump. I LOVE using my body in this way. I try to encourage others through this forum and one way to do that is to show my results from eating and exercising and truly treating my body like a temple.

It took a lot of courage for me to even post them (me, a 40-year old mother of three), and now you have shamed me into taking them down. I wasn't posting them to say, "Hey, I'm a hot momma. Look how pretty I am!". I was just trying to show how running, strength training, and eating (mostly) right can help you drop fat and build muscle.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Oh no, I find your blog incredibly inspiring! You DO work hard and I am sad that someone has made you feel like you can't celebrate that fact.
Please do not let those people get you down!
Keep up the good work and inspiring others :)

Reluctant Runner said...

Donna, I'm sorry you received such a critical comment and I hope you feel proud of how fit you are and how hard you work to stay in shape.

I really believe that being a healthy mom who sets challenging personal goals for yourself makes you a GREAT role model for your family and friends. The idea of someone being critical of that makes me steaming mad.


Sometimes I think that "running" brings out my best -- the "me" who is responsible, active, contemplative and embracing of life. I am not a traditionally religious person but I often feel closest to God when I am on a run and feeling at one with the world in all its beauty.

Please just keep being who you are and don't let anonymous posters prsevent you from feelng proud of your accomplishments.

Take care.

Theresa (The Reluctant Runner)

Unknown said...

Hey Donna,
Don't let anyone get you down! I happen to find your story inspirational and your insights enlightening. It takes a lot of courage to "put yourself" out there. Keep the faith!

TeamCleveland said...

Oh no! What in the world?!? You should be very proud of your accomplishments as I totally remember where you started and can see how far you have come. Do not be shamed into removing a post just because of what a few others thought. Your heart is in the right place and that is what matters.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...