Friday, February 12, 2010

Mom on a Mission: Marathon #2


I'm finalizing plans to leave for Birmingham, Alabama, in the morning for the Mercedes Marathon on Sunday!

I ran an 18-miler and a 19-miler (both pretty painful) in January, and I'm going to just go for it! No time like the present!

My husband and oldest child are driving down to B-ham tomorrow. It's about 5 hours including the portion where we drop off our girls at Grandma's. We'll get there mid-afternoon, check in, get my packet, carbo load, and the race is at 7:03 on Sunday morning. I'll run the race and get right back in the car for the 5-hour drive home (yikes!).

I'm excited to give this marathon-thing one more shot. Oh, it's SNOWING in Birmingham today (of course), and it's supposed to be 30 degrees at the start on Sunday and raining from 10:00 a.m. on (when I'm still out there for a good two hours more). It's hopefully going to warm up into the low 40's, so I'm sure I'll survive. I ran a half in pouring rain this time last year. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's a double loop course. It's kind of hilly in places: (or should I say mountainous?)




I wanted to make sure illness didn't sideline me again before saying anything. That's what changed in my "About Me." It no longer says "training for marathon #2." Thank goodness!




8 comments:

Wendy said...

So excited for you! You're going to do awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jen said...

I will be praying for you to finish injury free. Good luck! And drive safe!

MCM Mama said...

You're a crazy girl! Have a great time and a great race!!

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEEE!!!!! Good luck!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Michelle said...

Good luck this weekend!

Unknown said...

Good luck!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I hope you have steady footing despite the rain and stay illness-free before Sunday, too! Have fun!

Lisa said...

Oh WOW!! I'm sorry I got to this so late. I wanted to wish you good luck! You are done running already. I hope you had a great race and that the weather gods smiled on you.

I can't wait to hear how you did.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...