Monday, January 18, 2010

MIA???

Wow, it's been FOREVER since I blogged. Life just got in the way, lately!

This blog post is coming from sunny Orlando, Florida! We just spent the last 4 days exploring Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom. It was the a vacation of many firsts--- the first time the two youngest had flown, the first time I'd ever flown WITH children, the first time for the kids to visit Disney.

The week before our trip, I ran 32 miles knowing I wouldn't get many in on vacation. Last week, I ran a total of...... 6. We left on Wednesday, but with packing for a family of 5 and planning every last detail of the trip, I only managed two short runs on Monday and Tuesday. Of course, I walked like 100 miles over the 4 days at the parks! That should count for something! It's not super-warm in Orlando, but it's been in the 60's and 70's, which is just about perfect. A little chilly for the outdoor pool at the resort where we are staying, but the kids didn't seem to notice. They swam anyway. I made it about 5 minutes. Even though it was a heated pool, at some point you have to get out, and when it's only about 68 degrees and windy and you are in a bikini, it's tough! (I ran 7 miles in 17-degree weather and SNOW a week and a half ago, but 68 and a heated pool and I'm freezing!)

I finished my little vacation this morning with a 6-mile run. I ran 4 in the resort fitness room on the treadmill (a little speed work) and the 2 exploring the nooks and crannies of the resort. We fly home in a little while (I HATE to fly! The best part of flying is getting OFF the plane.) Tomorrow, normal resumes. We went from Christmas to snow days to Disney..... now normal can finally begin.

5 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Glad to hear your back.

Sounds like a great get away.

Great job squeezing in some miles.

2010 in 2010 said...

I think all the miles walking those parks has to count for SOMETHING. That can get grueling sometimes! How fun to get to run and explore the resort :)
Liesl

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sounds like you're having a great vacation! Good job on getting some running in!

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoyed Disney. I'm headed there in March for their Princess Half Marathon. This is my first time here. Looking forward to reading more.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

TX Runner Mom said...

I just found your blog and look forward to reading more. Sounds like a great trip!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...