Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clif and Luna Bar Recall

I've made it a priority to eat better after reading Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners over the weekend.

I'm cutting down on fried, fatty foods and eating more fruits and veggies.

I needed a snack involving chocolate yesterday and found a box of Luna Nutz Over Chocolate bars that had been in my pantry for a while-- so long I had actually forgotten about them. I am really "nuts over chocolate," so I was feeling virtuous as I ate a nutritious yet delicious snack.

Then tonight I logged on to Runner's World and saw that Clif and Luna Bars have been recalled due to possible contaminated peanut butter. Uh-oh. Here's a link to all the recalled ones (yes, Nutz Over Chocolate is on there, but mine was not from the possibly contaminated lot. Yay, me.)

Week three of marathon training has gotten off to a slow start. Last week I was in serious training mode, but this week I am feeling more laid back. I only did two of the three miles I was supposed to yesterday and then took the kids for ice cream at Chik fil a. (We were celebrating that my two-year-old used the potty. I'll make it up on Wed. or Thurs. Maybe) Today, instead of doing my core workout/weight training that was planned, I went shopping and took my mom out to lunch.

Family.... Training.... Responsibilities.... Rest.... Finding BALANCE in all of this is going to be interesting. But at least I didn't get salmonella.

8 comments:

Legs and Wings said...

BALANCE indeed. It's like a wiggly worm. Hang in there and you'll catch it.

Felice Devine said...

Thanks for posting about the recall. I hadn't seen anything about the bars being recalled so I'm off to check that out!

Stacey said...

Oh, potty training is fun, and so exciting for them. Mine has been done with diapers for about a month. Yay! Glad your Luna bars weren't contaminated~yikes.

Bethany said...

Wow, close call on the bars! I read about Balance all of the time when it comes to training. Those kiddos need their Momma and when you can you make up the slack. Congrats on the potty, that is very exciting and totally ice cream worthy!!!

tamblair said...

Hey - when your kid uses the potty, you stop everything else and celebrate!! I'm sure you are doing fine. It's just like anything else in life; you'll have good weeks and bad weeks, but it will all even out in the end.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Thanks for the heads up on the bars.

Looks like you're doing a good job of finding balance already.

Amy said...

Sorry... I know I'm like the slowest comment responder ever...

Anyway... I always jog between intervals...

Jules said...

I am so impressed with you...you are doing great!!! Die Hard!!

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...