Thursday, October 22, 2009

How I Spent My 5.5 Mile Run Today

I was not feeling really motivated to run this morning despite the nice weather. I'm still recovering from my 18-miler and race on Sunday, and I knew I'd better take it slow and easy. So, I....
  • Walked. Alot.
  • Took one phone call.
  • Sent 3 text messages.
  • Stopped to sign a petition to stop the local post office from being closed down
  • Admired my neighbors' Halloween decorations
  • Tried my best to catch some falling leaves (unsuccessfully)
  • Wrote this post in my mind
  • Planned a Turkey Day 5K for my neighborhood or my running club--don't know which
  • Just enjoyed the feeling of freedom
It was a good run.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend your time, it's not always about running, right? Just most of the time!

Lisa said...

Oh can you come to my neighborhood and plan a run? I have always thought that 5k would be a fun fundraiser for my kids school but I don't know anything about organzing one. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing run.

Erika said...

Sounds like a nice relaxed run!

MCM Mama

Janice {Run Far} said...

so funny. you crack me up. :)

Jennifer P said...

Sounds perfect to me!

Felice Devine said...

What a multi-tasking run!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is imagining you trying your best to catch falling leaves.

How to Run a 5K When You Hate Running

Do you hate running but want to run an upcoming 5K race?  Perhaps you want to support a specific charity close to your heart or have succumb...